Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Reassessment.

So Joel has his speech therapy assessment this morning.  The therapist said Joel's not made the progress she would like in the last year but he has made progress.  They're taking a slightly different tact, changing the scheme of work slightly and adding some new games.  The speech therapist is coming in herself and doing four sessions with Joel.  The teaching assistant said this is almost unheard of, and she can't remember the last time the speech therapist did this.  The teaching assistant will continue to do short 10 minute daily speech therapy sessions with him.  There's no point paying for private speech therapy when it won't be any more beneficial or any different.

As I said in my reply to mother.  His teacher and teaching assistant are happy with his progress.  He has made progress in his toileting (which is now sorted and normal), his reading, writing and word learning.

I think my current goal and aim is just to hope they're talking to me.  And to get through the Easter weekend staying there but avoiding conflict.  We're going to a wedding on Easter Saturday and mum and Dad are supposed to be looking after the children.  We'll go Friday sometime and leave Sunday sometime.  Might try and make it a short weekend.

Right, it's lunch time and I have jobs to do.  I had better get off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment