You will guess why I am writing. About Joel's talking, again. He is 5 and we can't understand what he's saying. Any improvement is very slow. We can't bare the thought of him being unhappy, frustrated, teased or even bullied as he grows up.
Your council is offering what help they can afford to give but, don't you agree he needs more? I have been investigating a little and even children who have grommets are expected to clarify their speech within a few month s of their operation.
I can't bare the though of him being handicapped during his childhood. please. please, please ask for him to be reassessed by the speech therapist or take up our offer of a private therapist.
Dad and I agree, I am not fussing, this is serious and has to be addressed seriously to give our Joel the best possible chance to catch up to where he needs to be.
This is not a criticism of your parenting (yet it so obviously is) you and Paul are lovely parents. But you trusted my advice on his glaucoma as a baby, please trust us now. Don't be cross. Joel and Esther are the apples of our eye, you know that. Lots of love Mum and Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment