Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Saturday, 8 January 2011

It was snowing Friday morning but I’d decided what I was going to do and was determined still to do it, lol, silly me.  Took Joel to nursery and went to Asda and town then picked him up from nursery.  I got everything I wanted apart from some shoes for Joel in the Clarks sale.  Silly though as I got cold and wet, but I got my jobs done, lol.  Just house-y stuff and looking after children on Friday afternoon. 

Friday was mine and Paul's 10th anniversary, 10 years yesterday since we started going out.  

This morning was my turn for a lie in.  :-) So I got up at 10 and did not a lot.  Paul took the children to do a couple of jobs, buy a new cat flap and buy a part for the tumble drier.  So on having the house to myself I went back to bed and read my bible and notes :-) After lunch I went on a bike ride because I need the exercise.  I did 5.6 miles, in 35 mins approx, not bad.  So that’s two bike rides this week, a good start to the year.  Now I just need to do the healthy eating to go with it, not doing so well on that bit.  Apart from eating mash potato and a bit more veg instead of oven chips, if that counts?! 

As is usual for me at the moment I am ok but bored.  Life is caring for children and house-y stuff / jobs and that is not enough for me!  A friend has moved from Osmaston / Allenton to Spondon so I may be able to go to the Wednesday aqua fit now with her as she’ll be driving over there.  I’ve only made it to the Tuesday one once because it’s been cold, dark and wet and I couldn’t be bothered to make the effort to get there. 

I was thinking about jobs and interviews, I thought I’d had 7 interviews in the last year but I can only think of 6.  I thought I’d had 6 for children’s centre jobs but maybe it was 5: North / South Chaddesden, Kirk Hallam, Becket, Alvaston and Pear Tree.  The other one was for a social work training scheme.  Can’t remember what the 7th one was, maybe there were only 6.  But in all of them I was not good enough and beaten by people with more experience.  But I’m stuck in the rut of I can’t get any experience because no one will give me a job!!  I was reading about the government cuts to day and more specifically for Derby City Council.  My chances of getting a job now are even slimmer.  So roll on the Hope Centre opening and I hope there’s plenty for me to do!! 

I’m hoping and praying that LH has coped and survived today.  It’s 2 years today since her mum’s brain haemorrhage.  I know she will have struggled but I hope she’s ok.  I’m sure I’ll find out soon, next time I catch her on Facebook chat.  I’ve been thinking about her and praying for her.  Kind of wish I was with her today, but we talked and in the end decided she may be better off with her local friends today as it’s them she needs to talk to more than me at the minute.  HINT, HINT LH!!  I’ve thought about her a lot today though so lots of love and hugs being sent your way hun. 

And now again as usual, my bed is calling me.  

2 comments:

  1. And when will you update this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I haven't got round to it. But normal everyday stuff us boring and tedious and not worth writing about. Will write about my uni application and my exciting weekend at some point.

    ReplyDelete