Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Sunday, 2 January 2011

Boring catch up 7th - 20th December.

Monday (7th December) I can’t remember what I did, lol.  Probably house-y stuff, a driving lesson and the nursery run.  Tuesday (8th December) was the Church toddler group Christmas party.  That was good fun and enjoyed by all.  Did some Christmas shopping after that. 

Another week, 3 weeks in a row of poorly children.  Joel had a stomach bug on Wednesday (8th December) which of course meant that going on school rules he can’t go back to nursery for 48 hours after.  So another 3 days of having Joel at home.  Wednesday the parenting course I’m doing was cancelled again cos only 2 of us turned up.  So a day at home, and Joel’s was ill.  I also accidentally stood DM up.  We were supposed to go to hers for lunch, but I put the wrong day in my diary, woops! 

Thursday (9th December) after a rubbish night’s sleep and a rubbish morning up until about 10 am me and Esther had a lovely rest of the morning.  We went to a toddler group for an hour, went shopping, had lunch in a cafe and did a bit of Christmas shopping.  So that was a good turn around on a rubbish morning.  Paul went to work at lunch time so we went home to look after Joel.  My driving test was cancelled on Thursday morning due to the snow and ice.  Friday (10th December) we’ve done nothing apart from a trip to Asda for a few bits and boring house-y stuff which really does bore me. 

That’s 3 weeks of poorly children.  Two weeks ago Joel was ill from Thursday to Tuesday.  Then Esther was ill from Wednesday to Monday of the week after.  Then this week Joel was ill Wednesday to Thursday.  I hate being housebound.  I’m a sociable person I hate being stuck in the house with the children. 

And did I mention I’ve been bored in the last 3 days?!  Toddler group on Thursday was good for a bit of adult conversation. 

Saturday (11th December) was the House group Christmas party, it was good although there weren’t many there.  Sunday (12th December), in the morning I was on Sunday school, we were practicing for the Christmas play which for me is just basically crowd control and trying to persuade children to be quiet and behave while they are waiting to go on and do their bit.  The evening was the family church Christmas party. Which was good fun except Paul was ill so he didn’t come and he wouldn’t have come anyway he was still going to go to the Kilburn outreach.   

I can’t remember much about the week 13th – 17th December, So I assume nothing of significance happened.  Tuesday (14th) I had a driving lessons, my test is rebooked for the end of January.  And DM and her 3 boys came for tea.  That’s always fun, the children play nicely together and it’s always good to chat to DM.  Wednesday (15th) was Joel’s school play, he was a present.  He dressed up, stood up and sat down at the right times, but I’m not convinced he knew any of the song words, lol.  But at least he took part.  I went to the 2nd half of the parenting course.  Then Joel had his nursery Christmas party in the afternoon.  So it was a day of lots of to-ing and fro-ing.  Thursday (16th) I went to St. Peter’s church toddler group.  Me and Esther went to a coffee shop first, which was nice.  Can’t remember what I did on Monday and Friday so I assume it was general childcare and boring house-y stuff. 

Saturday and Sunday were a bit manic.  I should have gone to a Sunday school play rehearsal on Saturday afternoon but I didn’t make it.  I needed to make Sunday lunch and wash my hair and a couple of other things on Saturday morning and I didn’t get it all done, so I didn’t make it to church.  Went to open house of a friend from another church, that was good, nice to catch up with her.  Then took the children to the pastor’s and his wife’s house from our old church as they babysat the children at their house for us for a couple of hours.  I went to DM’s 30th Birthday party.  Helped her set up.  It was good fun, we had a laugh and it’s good to chat to friends without our respective children being around as well.  DM was disappointed though she should have had 3 people flying over from home and their flights were cancelled due to the weather.  We still had a good night though and I hope she enjoyed it. 

Sunday, the morning service was the Sunday school play, it went well, the donkey messed around lots as he did in rehearsals, but never mind, all went well.  My mother in law and two of my half sisters in law came for lunch, hence making it on Saturday so it was quicker to do on Sunday.  I then took the children to St. Peter’s church in to, they had a children’s nativity service, it was good, cute and informal.  A great turn out of toddler group families about 45 people I think.  I then took the children to a coffee shop to kill some time, we all had drinks and they coloured for a bit.  Following that on the walk to church was a special treat, a ride on the merry go round on the market place.  After this was the church carol service which was great, really enjoyed it, and the children were well behaved.  Paul didn’t come, he went to the carol service at Kilburn. 

Monday (20th) did house-y stuff.  Joel had an appointment at the eye clinic at the children’s hospital.  He had a sight and they said that patching his stronger eye to make his weaker eye work properly is working and the sight has improved in his weaker eye.  So that was good news. 

So that’s it, a general catch up for my own benefit really more than for anyone who might actually read it.  But generally I’ve been ok, just bored and I want something new and different to do or and a job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment