Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Monday, 3 January 2011

Hair Straighteners!

Had a friend from the church toddler group over today and she comes to church on and off as well.  It was a relief for her to be out and about I think.  I think the school holidays are stressful and hard work for my friends that are single mums.  Also not all of my friends who don’t have cars can be bothered to trek out to my house on the bus.  But Paul was off today so he picked them up and took them home.  I don’t want to expand too much on here but her 3 children are a handful for her and I think she finds being a single mum quite stressful and at times depressing.  But I hope today was a break from the norm and a good chance for us to chat and catch up. 

I went into town this afternoon to spend my Christmas voucher and money.  I got a pair of jeans, a cardigan and 2 tops in Dorothy Perkins and a jacket in Next.  So I’m pleased with that although I daresay my clothes critics and fashion advisors (NT, DM & GPJ) won’t approve of my choices, lol. 

Anyway on to hair straighteners.  I’m considering buying some.  I’m still wildly rebelling against the idea of using hair straighteners because everyone else does, to fit in and because straight hair is in fashion.  But I’m fed up of my frizzy messy hair and at least it might look half decent if it’s straight.  Also I think I look like my mum did at my age with straight hair.  So we’ll see.  I had a look at the in Boots today, but I think Asda had a better off on them on or I preferred the Asda ones.  I can’t quite remember.  I’ll go back to Asda in the next couple of days and have a look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment