So carrying on from where I left off 3 posts ago. The original plan was to come home Thursday but we wouldn't have got round to see all Paul’s family so we decided to come home Friday. Thursday, Paul’s cousin came round in the morning before he went to work, we get on well, so it was a laugh catching up with him. He works shifts and his wife works 9 – 5 so unfortunately they weren’t both free at the same time, so we didn’t see his wife. In the afternoon we went round to Paul’s Nanny and Granddad’s, his mum and 2 half sisters were there as well. So we spent the afternoon with them, exchanged presents and chatted.
The journey home was better than the journey down, 3 ½ hours instead of 5. Paul ended up going to Sheffield for new year, my sister in law was going to a party that my brother in law didn’t want to go to. So Paul went over to play computer games with his brother and they drove up a hill to take photos of fireworks over Sheffield at midnight. So they had fun I think. GPA came over to ours and stayed the night. We gave the children a long bath as they got various new bath toys for Christmas that needed trying out, lol. After the children had gone to bed we watched a chick flick and had wine, Christmas cake and chocolate. So we had fun too.
Saturday GPA stayed until mid-afternoon by which time Paul was home. So we played with the children, I did house-y stuff and tried to fine homes for all the new things the children got for Christmas. We are enjoying the bread maker that I got for Christmas. I think we’ve made 4 loaves now, very tasty.
This morning we went to church. I should have been on Sunday school, but I didn’t realise and I also (perhaps selfishly) refused to do it anyway. I’ve not been in a service for 4 weeks, I think someone’s messed up the Sunday school rota for my team to be on. Last week was Christmas day so it was a family service on Saturday instead of Sunday. The week before was the Sunday school play and a family service. And the 2 weeks before that we were practicing for the play. So I’ve not been in a proper service for a month and I didn’t want to do Sunday school.
As it was I still missed a chunk of the service because Joel didn’t settle in his Sunday school group and didn’t want to stay. So I ended up staying with him for 20-30 mins or so. Paul took him down and brought him back up after a bit because he didn’t want to stay in his group. I said to Paul don’t just let him not go, he needs to be there, we need to work out why he’s taken a dislike to it and sort it out. So I took Joel back down and missed the end of the worship and the start of the sermon. But hey ho I was in most of the service and it was good, I really miss the services when I’m on Sunday school or we’re not there.
We had a lovely afternoon, went to the pastor of our old churches house for lunch. When we went on Boxing Day 3 out of their 4 children were there, children 2, 3 and 4. Child 2 has 4 children, the youngest of which is 4 weeks old, so I think I said in my Christmas post it was nice to meet her. Today Children 1, 3 and 4 were there. Child 1 is a year older than Paul, is Paul’s childhood best friend and has 2 children with the 3rd due in 4 weeks. We’ve not seen him for a year and his wife for longer than that. So it was great to see them and catch up.
Then we went to another family’s house from our old church. We normally see quite a bit of them but for one reason or another we’ve not seen them for 6 weeks, so it was good to catch up with them. That’s the story our Christmas and New Year really, catching up with various friends and family.
Generally our trip to Bournemouth was ok. It felt more than ever this time that Paul’s dad and step mum like having us around but they don’t actually want to do anything or go anywhere with us. Indeed they didn’t talk to us that much either! I don’t know why we bother most of the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment