A bit of a catch up... On Saturday I was super mum for the day :-). I made Flapjack, leek and potato soup, mixed pepper risotto and little cakes with Joel (all of which are now gone). Plus making a dent in the huge mountain of washing and doing the dishwasher a couple of times.
Sunday was one of those where I went to church but didn’t feel like I’d been to church. I was late for a Sunday school meeting before the service, then changed a nappy, then by the time we got upstairs we’d missed most of the first song. Then two songs later I was going down to Sunday School. I do enjoy doing Sunday school and it’s good to be useful. But again by the time all the children have been collected, we’ve tidied up, I’ve collected my own children, changed nappies if needed and gone back upstairs most people have gone. So I miss out on chatting to people and leave feeling like I’ve not really been to church.
I took Joel out on his bike (with stabilisers) and Esther on Joel’s trike on Sunday afternoon. It’s the first time Esther’s been on Joel’s trike and she was most impressed.
It occurred to me over the weekend that although Mother said sorry, I don’t mean to hassle you and I should have told her to shut up (again, as if I would have got away with that) she is probably actually upset / annoyed with me and is probably telling my brothers the opposite to what she said to me. I.e. she said to me sorry for hassling you but she’s saying to my brother’s Helen had a go at me for hassling her / has been rude to me etc. But hey ho I can’t do anything about that if she is.
I don’t generally make an effort to talk to my parents, I leave it to Mother to ring me when she wants to. Maybe I should make an effort to be in touch with them more, it might improve out relationship, but I doubt it. The thing is though is she rings and asks how we all are, how the children are etc and what we’ve been up to. But if I actually give her a long answer or say in any detail what we’ve been up to she’s not actually interested so usually, I just don’t bother.
Monday, my driving lesson was good, my test is now booked for the middle of December. My instructor asked me how ready I thought I was to take my test and I said I think I’m better than I think I am, lol. I knew what I meant. But my instructor agreed with me and said he thinks I’m better than I think I am.
My interview went well I think. One of the people they should have interviewed was ill and they have to rearrange that interview so it could be a while before I hear. On the plus side though there was one job advertised but there’s actually two jobs going.
Tuesday morning I took Joel to the children’s hospital for a hearing test. He was very good through it and then we saw the consultant. He thinks that Joel has glue ear and it can be treated by grommets or hearing aids. Although hearing aids are less intrusive and don’t require surgery there’s no guarantee Joel will like them or wear them without a fight. So we decided to go for grommets. Paul’s request was that they put the grommets in when Joel has his next eye check up which also has to be under general anaesthetic or vice versa so the operation is not an extra trip to hospital / an extra general anaesthetic / an extra ordeal for my boy. This should happen in December or January.
I’m a bit annoyed though. The first time we saw the speech therapist 15 – 18 months ago, she asked if Joel passed his neo natal hearing test, which he did and that was it. The 3 times we’ve seen speech therapist none have suggested that we get Joel’s hearing tested. You would have thought this would be routine? A couple of people had suggested that we get Joel’s hearing tested so we went to the GP and requested it explaining our reasons and he referred us to the children’s hospital.
This morning was the parenting course I’m doing. It was good although some bits are boring and other bits I find useful. One thing we’ve done with Joel is started asking him to hang his own coat up and put his shoes on the stairs when we come in (just getting him to be a bit more independent). It’s supposed to take 3 weeks on average to change behaviour or for a behaviour to become habit. But 10 – 12 days on he has done it at least once now without being asked to. :-)
This afternoon has been productive as well, washing, tidying, hovering etc. Boring everyday stuff but so nice / good to have the energy and motivation to do it.
I’m doing well, which is great. I’m feeling fine, calm, happy, peaceful. I’ve been ill, I have a cough and a cold and have done since Sunday. But I’m ok, although I didn’t go to the Aqua Fit I was looking forwards to on Tuesday night as I didn’t want to risk getting any worse.
So on feeling better my next challenge is to be more organised, to get more done in the day so I don’t need to do jobs in the evening so I can find time for quiet times to spend time with God, find time to write this blog, and do the pregnancy crisis admin. However the pregnancy crisis admin will be easier to do once I have a set couple of hours a week to do it without children. This will definitely happen in January, if not before.
So that’s it I think, I’m sure to have forgotten something I was planning to write, I should keep a note of things I want to write about when I think of them so I don’t forget! I need to learn how to format this blog better and add photos etc, I need someone to teach me. (Sarah?!)
i can tell that god has talked to you and his answer was this blog , knowing this i can tell that this is really working for you, i feel that my life with god is taken off in so many ways but as a result i seem to see you less of you and the kids which i feel really sad about, i`m really pleased that you are a writer and not a talker because i can then get a sense on here about how you are....i`m going to talk to you soon about something i had in mind for tuesday mornings......so really glad your good and your blog is gods healing...bless you love you all joxxxx
ReplyDelete