Last night was really good. The Satnav on my phone took us a random way and we ended up going round in a huge circle then going what we thought originally was the right way but the Satnav told us it wasn't. Then my phone battery died a mile away from the venue, but we made it eventually! We were aiming to get there part way through the support act. But we actually got there as YFriday started!! So we were later than planned. Joel spent the first couple of songs wanting to be carried or stood on a chair cuddling me. But then he got into it, and was smiling and clapping. We sat in the balcony which was better for Joel because it's not quite as noisy and he could see everything, but you miss out on the atmosphere on in the balcony. Joel enjoyed the first hour we were there, then got ready for bed and watched the rest either in the buggy or being cuddled. I think he fell asleep in the second to last song. So he didn't get to meet Gav.
The gig was great though. I like how the band are normal people and really put the emphasis on worship and praising God and them as a tool to this. Love the music and songs but it is overall an evening to worship GOD not the band. Love how they always keep God first and are humble people in awe of our great and awesome God. I think Sunday will be better without the responsibility of having Joel with me and also for the band it's home turf. Said hi and got a hug off Gav (the keyboard player) who I've know for 12 years at a guess. I'm kind of hoping his mum is there on Sunday as I've not seen her for years and she's lovely.
So in catch up, Thursday was a chill day. Did not a lot all day. I can't get rid of this cold, I've had it for at least 2 weeks. Friday, a friend from my old church looked after Esther and I took Joel to a football skills thing at one of the children's centres. It was good, he enjoyed it, I could have taken Esther, but it was nice to have the option not to and do something with just Joel. Went to pick Esther up and had lunch at that friends house, then home via Asda and just chilled for the rest of the afternoon.
This morning we are again just chilling after our late night, last night. I'm taking Esther to a birthday party this afternoon. Joel's had 3 special treats this week and Esther's only having 1 but she's too young to notice this at the moment. (* special treat - a trip out with just mummy, i.e. no daddy and no sibling).
So, roll on tomorrow and my 36 hours of parenting. The longest I've left Joel before is just over 24 hours. And the longest I've left Esther before is just over 12 hours. My only worry is Paul being able to pacify Esther and get her back to sleep if she wakes in the night and realises I'm not there. I know they'll be fine with Daddy the rest of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment