Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Friday, 30 January 2015

This week.

So, my progress, I’ve written 700 words so far this week, which is great.  Mainly written on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday.  My overall total is 4500 words, which sounds impressive!  Only 5500 to go in 6 weeks!  Minus half term when I’m unlikely to do any work, so make that 5 weeks. 

So my Grandma died yesterday about 5.30pm.  My mum rang about 6pm.  I cried for about half an hour, probably shock more than anything.  I’ve been ok since.  I wasn’t close to her and didn’t really have a relationship with her.  I last saw her at Christmas.  She was 96.  Last week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday she had a mini stroke.  She rallied and was back in her residential home a couple of days later.  My aunty, uncle and his wife all visited last weekend.  My dad has just been to Portugal for a week so wasn’t around. 

I invited mum over to Derby last Saturday as I thought she was on her own, but she said she was ok and my aunty was there for the weekend.  Then my uncle and his wife ended up going as well.  On Monday I offered to go to York, but she said she was ok.  Then Tuesday morning, my Grandma got out of bed, fell over and broke her wrist.  My brother visited York from Tuesday to Thursday.  Again on Tuesday or Wednesday I spoke to mum and offered to go over on Friday, so after my brother had left and she was indecisive and said she’d let me know. 

Then on Thursday morning, my Grandma had a heart attack, my brother was there and was understandably quite upset to witness it.  But again she made a remarkable recover and rallied initially before dying yesterday evening. 

Mum said in an email how lovely it was to have my brother there and that she appreciated him having 2 days off work to visit.  Yet I offered twice and was ignored.  My dad got back Thursday evening so is back to support mum.  I’m not that upset about her dying, it was going to happen sooner or later.  The last few times we’ve seen her we didn’t know if it would be the last. 

I think I’m more annoyed and upset about my mother’s attitude of the last week or so and making a big deal about my brother visiting when I had offered and wasn’t wanted.  But that’s my mother all over and she doesn’t change.  One rule for the boys and another for me.  She skyped my brother in Spain last night and I assume phoned my other brother.  Yet I got a 2 minute phone call yesterday. 

She did ring this morning though and said were there any dates we couldn’t do for the funeral.  That was nice of her but I said we were flexible, I have uni but I have a good attendance rate so missing a lecture or two won’t matter.  I think we can miss 3 out of 10 before we get into trouble, but I rarely miss any.  Joel has a hospital appointment on the potential day of the funeral, an appointment we’ve been waiting about 6 weeks for.  But again although this is inconvenient it doesn’t matter and can easily be rearranged. 

Paul had a phone call on Monday saying could he do a second interview on Friday.  But they then phoned yesterday and said it was cancelled.  So we’re not sure what’s going on there, he’s not had a returned call with the reason for cancellation yet. 

Yet again I’m moaning before working.  Must do some work.  Yesterday afternoon I was going to work in the library but ended up going to a friend’s house instead.  Right, 300 words to write to meet my 1000 word target for this week. 


2 comments:

  1. Both our parents need to have their heads smashed together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I just read your last post. Your mum is a law unto herself!!

    ReplyDelete