So, my Grandma's funeral is Monday 16th. What hymns would a 96 year old supposedly non Christian choose for her funeral? Apparently Onward Christian Soldiers and Angels Voices Ever Ringing Round Thy Throne of Light. Both of which I know the tunes to but only know the first couple of lines without the words.
Mother says Grandma wasn't a Christian and who knows where she is now 'cos she's not in heaven. I beg to differ. She has always shown and interest in Church, went occasionally and I don't think it's for mother to say where her heart was. She has heard the gospel more than once over the course of her life. And just because she never told mother that she had given her heart to Christ or become a Christian, I don't think that means that she never did it. I wouldn't be surprised if she quietly believed in her old age. That's what I think anyway.
Anyway, I have 4 half days at work this week and 2 half days at uni. And we're going to York Friday - Monday. So busy, busy, busy and I need to go to bed. Night all.
That's a bit cold isn't it?
ReplyDeleteFrom your mother not you I mean.
ReplyDeleteThat's what she said to me on the phone. But then she said to Esther last night about great Grandma being in heaven, so who knows?!
ReplyDeleteAs you know I'm not religious, but I'd like to think that if I try to live a good life and it turns out there is a Heaven, God'd make an exception for me. Or at least let me in for holidays occasionally!
ReplyDeletehope tomorrow goes well!!