Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Friday, 13 April 2018

My mental health is utter crap.


So I mental and emotional health are utter crap.  I feel useless, worthless, fat, ugly, insecure, not good enough, a failure.  I’m probably drinking a little too much, but I don’t care.  I feel like I have been at rock bottom for months.  I feel like nothing changes anything. 

My GP referred me to the Community Mental Health Team in February.  At first they said the wait was 12 – 14 weeks.  Now they are saying the wait is 18 – 20 weeks.  At the beginning of January I found a great new GP at my doctors’ surgery who is a Christian and kind of gets me.  But the facts remain that unless I put myself in A & E repeatedly through self-harm, overdoses, suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts then no one will take any notice of me and my struggles. 

Many times I have considered / thought about either taking an overdose and going to A&E or going to A&E because I am struggling with suicidal thoughts.  But what’s the point?!  They won’t do anything.  It won’t change anything.  It remains a fact that A&E, the NHS in general and mental health services are chronically underfunded and under staffed. 

So this evening I had 1 small glass of wine at the pub and drove home (which is fine and legal).  Once the kids were in bed I am now on my 3rd large glass of wine and lemonade or orange juice.  So here I am feeling like crap, on my own and yes, that’s normal for Friday night or any night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment