Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Saturday, 15 December 2012

Essay


This essay is taking me so much longer than it should.  It’s not particularly hard, I just can’t quite get my head round it and I’m lacking in motivation, discipline and uninterrupted time to work. I'm just over half way through and it's due in on Thursday.  I really shouldn't leave these things to the last minute.  I should have started this way before I did.  

Also going through a what am I doing, I can’t do this stage.  The thought of placement and 2 more years of modules, essays and placements.  But what options and opportunities have I got if I don’t graduate?  A low paid career in child care or as a teaching assistant (no offence to any friends who do these jobs).  When I qualify at least I have a profession and more of a chance of a graduate job. 

The disagreement I had with a fellow student is playing on my mind.  I was trying to say being realistic isn’t necessarily being oppressive.  She said I’m oppressive and judgemental and can’t go into social work with opinions like that.  Which is of course playing on my mind as you’re not good enough to be a social worker. 

Oh well, back to the essay.  I’m also dreading 3 1/2 days at mother’s house.  Making an effort to be nice to her etc.  Wish I had the guts to say we’re not coming because we don’t want to, but I don’t.  

1 comment:

  1. I hope its bearable at least! And stick with the Essay! It'll all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete