Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

My bah, humbug post!


I dislike a lot of things about Christmas.  I hate the commercialisation of Christmas.  I dislike trekking to my parents at Christmas.  I don’t mind going to the in-laws though, that involves less stress.  I hate Christmas shopping but don’t begrudge spending money on people, I’d quite happily give all the family cash for Christmas.  As a result of this, most of our Christmas presents have been bought on Amazon. 

However, I love the real Christmas.  I love Christmas in church, love the bits of Christmas that are all about Jesus.  If we must trek around all the family at Christmas I prefer to do this without missing anything at church.  We can’t even do that this year.  We’re going to the panto in York on Friday 21st.  Then coming home on Christmas Eve.  The problem is the Christmas play at church and the carol service are on the 23rd.  L We can’t come home on Saturday evening as my older brother isn’t going to my parents until Sunday.  So one of the few things I love about Christmas and I have to miss it.  And the carol service at the church I grew up in, in York is on the 16th, so I can’t even go to that. 

Can I cope with 3 days in my parents’ house without falling out with my mother, that remains to be seen.  Oh well that’s the end of my Christmas rant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment