Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Thursday, 2 December 2010

Sunday (28/11/10) - A write off!!

Taken me nearly 2 weeks to get round to writing, that’s not good.  Sunday (28th November) was a bit of a write off.  The children had slept badly and I was tired.  Then Paul stayed in bed and then went in the shower and didn’t help me get the children ready, which always annoys me.  If we are late for music practice before church because Paul has not helped me get the children ready then that is not my problem!!  The children were then stroppy, clingy and whingey at church and I was already tired and in a bad mood so they didn’t help. 

I don’t at all mind Paul playing in the band and indeed I pushed him into it in the first place but when he hasn’t helped me get the children ready, then the children were playing up, it’s on mornings like this that I resent him playing because I want him to help me.  If he’d helped me get them ready and we’d left for church relatively relaxed and not late, then the children had played up I would have coped with it much better than already being wound up and grumpy when we got to church.  But I guess that’s fairly normal, the trials and tribulations of being a parent!!  And yes I have told Paul he needs to help more in the mornings, some days he does some days he doesn’t. 

Anyway then both children want picking up in the service or they’re running round and going on the steps to the stage.  I refuse to pick either of them up cos they’re too heavy, but if they stand on a chair by me then I cuddle them.  Esther went to play in crèche no crying and no fuss which was good and is unusual for her.  But Joel cried when I left him in his group, I took Esther to crèche, went to the loo, came back and he was still crying.  I took Joel back upstairs with me and cried out of frustration at a horrible morning.  I didn’t want to cry I was not upset, just frustrated.   GPJ took Joel back downstairs and he settled for her. 

Then when we got home there was a bang in the kitchen and one of the fuses went on the main circuit board.  Paul went to buy some more, put one in and it immediately went again.  So he gave up and we phoned a random emergency electrician and got a Christian one who under charged us. :-)  It took the electrician ages to find the problem, but the wires behind one of the sockets in the kitchen had melted together, once he found the problem it was quickly fixed. 

An hour after the fuse went, the boiler started leaking.  The fuse blowing had caused and electrical fault in the boiler.  Paul turned the water off then a plumber from our boiler cover service came and isolated the boiler’s water supply from the mains water supply so we could at least have cold water.  We were told someone would come out at fix the boiler on Monday (that was tomorrow).  So by the evening Paul had missed the Kilburn service and we had no central heating and no hot water.  Not a good day!!  

2 comments:

  1. Bad times.

    I've been a bit neglectful and forgot to ask if it was up and running again yet!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was fixed on Wednesday afternoon. So two weeks of no heating from Sun - Wed, rubbish!!

    ReplyDelete