Is it really wrong to be a Christian and hate Christmas?! Well I don’t hate Christmas itself, I just dislike lots of things around Christmas. I hate Christmas shopping and I would quite happily give everyone money or pay someone to do my Christmas shopping. I hate the commercialisation of Christmas. I dislike the secular cheesy, pointless songs. I hate the secular pointless hype of Christmas. I hate family politics at Christmas and making sure we see everyone, buy all the relevant people presents.
We don’t big up Father Christmas / Santa in our house. The children go to be on Christmas Eve and wake up in the morning and there are presents. And we leave it at that. I will get the Christmas tree out and up at some point, but don’t want it up to early.
I LOVE Jesus, LOVE that Christmas is the celebration of His Birthday and LOVE Christmas in Church. We’ve decided that we’re doing Christmas out way this year. We’re going to see my parents Tuesday – Friday morning. Then spending Christmas Eve, Christmas day and Boxing day at Church and with friends. Then going to Bournemouth Monday – Thursday and spending New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day at home. No plans for New Year yet. So we decided t avoid family on the key days this year.
We nearly did it last year but when we decided that actually we really didn’t want to go we’d already made the plans and it was a bit late to change them. So this year we’re doing it differently and doing it our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment