Yosemite National Park, California, USA

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Beautiful, awesome place, would love to go hear again.

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Breaking out!

So house group from 23/11/10... The Lord who breaks out!  So we were looking at 2 Samuel 5.  David hadn’t been king very long, the Philistines were attacking him and God breaks out a leads David to victory (a very simplified version!)  The points were God breaks out of our past, He breaks out of our circumstances, He breaks out of our expectations and He breaks out of our containment. 

The questions... 1) Do you think that you are defined by your past? How could you change that?  Yes, I think I am defined by my past, I am who I am, I am shaped by my past and things that happened in it but I am NOT CONFINED by my past. 

2) What are you expecting God to do in you and through you?  Anything he wants to do!  Here I am Lord, send me.  I expect God to fulfil his purposes for my generation and for me to do my part in making that happen, whatever that is. 

3) Do you feel contained by any circumstances?  In a way yes, I want a job, I want part time work so I have something to do as well as being a mummy.  But it appears that God has other plans and it looks most likely that I’ll be doing voluntary work for church.  Then there’s the mother who I should really call mum, but I rather like CF’s word of mothership she uses when talking about hers!!  I really want our relationship to improve and to talk with her about the past and my teenage years.  But, I don’t seem to have the courage or the confidence to bring these things up in conversation.  MS prayed for me that the things I want to discuss will come up naturally in conversation, I pray this happens as well. 

The next two house groups are cancelled as they are two close to Christmas.  So there’s no house group til the 11th January, well apart from the Christmas party on the 11th December.  :-)

So general things, I was pleased with yesterday, had a good driving lesson apart from messing up my parallel park and a productive day, I got loads of washing done.  Today was the church toddler group Christmas party, which was fun.  I like Tuesday’s at the moment and am really enjoying making myself useful at church, well as useful as I can be while looking after and watching my children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment