So, I have this sort of
mentor person at church, and I appreciate her giving up her time to have a cup
of tea and chat with me, it’s just that we’re not close and not particularly
good friends. So we talk about everyday
stuff but when she asks what’s do I feel God’s saying to me at the moment, what
have I been reading or what am I struggling with, I don’t really want to / feel
able to share these things with her, which kind of defeats the point of having
a “m3ntor” typed person!!
I’ve been reading the
Confident Woman Devotional by Joyce Meyer for over a year. It’s supposed to be daily readings for a
year, but it’s more likely to take me closer to eighteen months to read it
all. I tend to read the day’s page,
write a couple of notes and a short prayer and then summarise into one key
point! If anyone is also reading this
book at the moment, I think one friend is, I’m currently reading in the middle
of July! Some (most) days I won’t read
at all. Other days I’ll read 1, 2, 3, or
occasionally 4 days worth.
So recent summary points…
Ø
God can / will
heal my spirit, emotions, mind, will and personality.
Ø
God blesses me
and is changing me to become more like Him.
Ø
God doesn’t look at my past, he plans for my
future.
Ø
I need to think positively, walk with confidence and
expect good things.
Ø
Jesus is my
protection against spiritual warfare.
Ø
I need to let go
of the past, God’s mercy and faith are endless to me. I need to be faithful to God in return.
Ø
God will mould and remould me into the person He has
called me to be.
Ø
I need to step out in faith and try new things. God works through faith not fear.
Ø
God gives me
strength everyday to take action and receive blessings, not to waste time
worrying.
Ø
God gives me the
power to be a witness for Him through His Holy Spirit.
Ø
God wanted men
and women to be equal. I need to use my
gifts to bless others.
Ø
I need to take responsibility
for my own actions, only me and God can change me.
Ø
I need to
confront my fears and Satan’s lies and expose the truth.
Ø
Be honest about
my relationships. Jesus called us to
love everyone, not to like everyone.
Ø
Don’t look at
the “what if’s” and “if only’s”. Move
forward in God’s power and be confident.
Ø
I am God’s
creation, unique and God’s plan. Don’t
compare myself to others.
Ø
What fears
involving others do I need to face? I
need the courage to take a stand and deal with it.
Ø
I should face my fears and just do it, even if I’m
afraid whilst doing it.
Ø
Positive thinking can change reality. Thinking positively is thinking from God’s perspective.
Ø
I need to pray
for my husband, that he will seek God regularly and lead his family. I need to look for and practive the truth and
God’s way.
So there you go, my life in daily (but not really daily) readings.
Hi Helen, It is lovely to read your life in daily (but not really daily) readings and your other posts, its very brave of you to write your honest thoughts and feelings down. I have huge respect. I would love to chat further about what you have written sometime, if you would like to.....there is just one thing I would like to mention now.....I feel you say 'I need to.... ' a lot this sounds really quite demanding of yourself.....it feels to me that you think you have to do it all in your strength.....I say this as I relate to that feeling of 'I must try harder....' but in fact, it is through God that we change.....He changes us, if He feels we need it ......it is not up to us to decide, that is our will, not His.....maybe I am misunderstanding where you are coming from.....but if I'm not I think you are being hard on yourself.....and as for changing your personality.....God made you perfect exactly as you are.....your personality is you....if you changed your personality you wouldn't be you.....and you are loved just the way you are....Lovely Helen.....
ReplyDeleteand as for other stuff, lets chat another time.....lots of love xx