Should I be happy that I have a husband with a full time
job that he sticks at even though he’s bored and a bit fed up? A job that pays the mortgage, all the bills
and for a car? A husband that is willing
to babysit, and put the kids to bed. Or
am I allowed to moan that he doesn’t do the dishwasher everyday and he doesn’t
often to anything else to help around the house without being asked to. He does the washing occasionally / some of
the time, mainly if I’m really tired or really busy and the basket is over
flowing he might so some. Should I be
happy with what he does do or am I justified in moaning about what he doesn’t
do?
So it’s mother’s day.
Does he get me a card, flowers, chocolate? Nope, nothing. Joel gives me a card and a cone with a couple
of chocolates in that he made at the childminder’s and a card he made at
school. Esther missed 3 days nursery
this week and she’s not been to the childminder’s either so she’s not made me a
card. Because Joel had made stuff Paul
didn’t feel the need to buy me anything.
Yeah, thanks a lot, nice to be appreciated. And I got a bar of chocolate from church as
well. I bought myself a chocolate Orange
and I was going to buy some flowers, but Tesco didn’t have any left. So, should I appreciate what Paul does or
moan about what he doesn’t do?!
We always want what we can't have! :) I'd love Ed to be more animal-friendly, to also help tidy more and be more pro-active in getting us away from the Mother and getting a real job and stop wasting his life away.
ReplyDeleteBut he does have his good points - as does Paul. But both clearly need more training!!! Ed has only just mastered the need to make a bed in the morning!
I'm ill. When I woke up to find everything in a state and nobody had even thought to make me a cup of tea, I shouted. Why do I have to think of everything, why do I have to ask, does nobody even notice me? A proper little pity party. Anyway, they all went off downstairs and made cake (Martin's first ever baking with all four of them - yes, the baby ate some raw egg white, but you can't have everything) and came back up with tea and cards. I felt mean.
ReplyDeleteMy marriage began to break down pretty early on after various health complications, financial worries,1,2,children, then my husband's career change, numerous house moves then baby number 3. Communication broke down, if it was ever good in the first place. Time alone as adults and remember why we married in the first place diminished. I was exhausted, depressed and unwell, building resentment and hostility. We were not Christians, yet I had a faith and I think my husband did too however Christ was not the center of our marriage although we married in church. Sadly our relationship broke down and we separated after 10 years and divorced after 20. I desperately wanted my marriage to work and did my utmost to change what I could in myself and worked hard on myself, however I forgot that ultimately if he wasn't willing I was fighting a losing battle.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look back in hindsight I wish I/we had worked on honest open communication, time together alone, without the children, nurturing our love, nurturing our relationship, focusing on God's word and keeping Christ at the center ......If I was married now I would do the marriage course....and hope my husband would be willing too.....and I would remember the power of prayer.
God bless you all and your marriages and family....x