I eventually PASSED my driving test, first time with only three minors. :-) It should have been mid December but it was cancelled in the ice and snow. It should have been last Wednesday but I had my lesson before and turned up at the test centre to find out it was on Monday. I change it to the Wednesday on-line so something went wrong with the on-line booking. On Monday it was cancelled because it was -6, ice-y and frosty. I went on to the website to rebook it and there was a cancellation for Wednesday or the other available dates were the beginning of March. So I went for the cancellation but felt bad for messing my instructor around and because he had to change and cancel lessons for me.
My lesson before my test went well. I asked my instructor to take me through a set of traffic lights that a friend failed on last week. I can see why she got confused by them, but I think it was her driver error rather than the lights really being confusing. I had to do a 3 point turn, which was good, that's my best manoeuvre. Had I been asked to parallel park or bay park, I'm likely to have made a silly mistake due to nerves, pressure or stress and failed. As it was I did that well, but got a minor for observation i.e. not being observant enough, which my instructor said was a bit harsh. Then on the independent driving I stalled twice, one after the other, but only got a minor that. Then the third minor was for either parking opposite a junction or for forgetting to signal one time when I moved off. However I'm really glad it's over and that I passed. I'm no insured on our car at a cost of £35ish a month more than what Paul pays for himself. But with spending less money on bus fare and not paying for driving lessons it should be ok. I've not been out in the car on my own yet, I was a good girl today and walked to the children's centre like I normally would. I think I'd only drive somewhere that close if it was raining heavily.
So there you go I passed first time at the grand old age of 28!!
No comments:
Post a Comment